Sunday, September 25, 2005

Just This Once

Well this is a first. I got so much out with that last rant that I actually dont have all that much to crab about and some things are going good for a change!!!*knocks on wood*
Thanks to Art for the advice on the stolen camera. I called the pawnshop and found out that my camera had not been put on sale yet. I did bring in the box with the serial number for the camera and the receipt for the pawn. They said as long as I paid the original loan back with a little interest, it was up to me wether or not to press charges against the girl who stold it. So for $23, I got my camera back! Whoohooooooooo! I am celebrating because I am in a really "broke" place at the moment.
1000 plus visitors? Wow, thats so funny considering I never thought anyone but me would read this blog! So now I have crabbed and bitched about dumb things to over 1000 people. Not sure exactly how to feel about that one =P
Im taking the kids outside to decorate for halloween today. Yeah maybe its a bit early and I usually frown on people getting all jazzed up too early for holidays, BUT, I now live in a bible thumper town. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against Christians. This town goes a little wild on the whole subject of Halloween though. My decorating early is in retaliation of the people who have already (no Im not kidding) skipped Halloween and Thanksgiving to start putting Christmas stuff out. About half the population here sees Halloween as an evil thing to be avoided at all costs. They consider it evil to let your kids go out and trick-or-treat, etc. Many of them hold little parties at church where the kids dont get to dress up. To each his own I guess, but they seem like party poopers to me. If they really wanted to get their point across they could dress their kid up as a bible character or something and at least still let them trick or treat.
I was also thinking of making a new little blog just to keep track of what I do to my own and what I use on it. Half the time I will go to change a setting on my page and forgot how I did it in the first place. That and the next time someone asks me how I did something, I can just point to the other blog and they can see how I did it. Ill have to find a way around the html code not showing on the post though. Hmmn, well I guess thats something to work on the next time I get bored or cant sleep right?
Well Im off to dig up boxes of decorations! Hope everyone had a good weekend!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:52 AM  
Blogger drunkbh said...

I don't think that the pawn shop can make you pay for the camera. At least not legally.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Camy Leon said...

Well, I'm glad you got the camera back. Also, that all the drama is to a minimum. Enjoy it. :)

Have fun with pissing off the Christians. I'm not very religious, but the Catholics are more accepting of Halloween. My mom never made a big deal about it.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Screwed-Up AKA SnglGuy said...

Nice to know you got your camera back.Oh and don't mind those bible thumping hypocrites.

8:38 AM  
Blogger art said...

Glad you got the camera back. Horray for Hallowween! I love the holiday! I was raised methodist, my wife was catholic and Jp is/was catholic but hallowween rocks!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home